Tuesday, March 31, 2015

New Growth

That's what spring is about, right? New growth? I am very much looking forward to some evidence of such, but we still seem to have two feet of snow in much of the yard. It's been that kind of a winter, which has bled over into that kind of spring. I am as tired of hearing people complain about the weather as I am of the weather, but it's all we can seem to talk about. Winter 2014/Spring 2015 will forever be known as the seasons that Massachusetts became one-track boring. Sigh...

Since I can't find any new growth outside, I shall have to concentrate on the inner type. Today is Day 2 back on my ADHD medication after an...oh...maybe...three-month hiatus. The break just served to reinforce to me (again--when will I learn?!) that I need to take it on a regular basis or risk becoming a giant lump. Ten pounds heavier and surrounded by piles of stuff. Not my favorite way to be.

Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Today is a new day.

We took down the ceiling in the kitchen this weekend. I am slowly but surely returning things to their homes and/or finding them new ones as needed. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we don't sport the exposed beams, pipes, and electrical wires look for too long. It will be beautiful when it's finished, and I will no longer remember the frustration of starting each day by cleaning up the assorted ceiling detritus that descended overnight.  I appear to have short-term construction irritation memory. This is a requirement if you're going to buy and old house and tackle most of the jobs yourselves. Thank goodness for Kirk and his bank of house knowledge. My husband can never leave. The house and I would just desintigrate!

Back to The Big Clean.  Yay for Vyvanse!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment