Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wedding Sappiness!



I'm sitting at my desk, listening to the rain pour down outside, looking again at the photos I took this weekend.  Sunday, Kirk and I went to a wedding in New Jersey.  I used to babysit for the groom and have known him almost his whole life.  Watching him get married was a somewhat surreal experience.

We shared our table at the reception with my mom and her boyfriend, our friends Erica and Mitch, and their daughters, Whitney and Bailey.  I used to babysit for Whitney and Bailey, too. Erica, my mom, and Judy, the mother of the groom, are the original Wild Women in my life.  I was lucky enough to be initiated as a Wild Woman myself a few years back.  Now, Bailey and Whitney, along with their younger sister Annie, have joined the ranks as well.

This is my chosen family.  Will's, too.  They are Funny Auntie Judy and Uncle John and Auntie Erica and Uncle Mitch.  Let's not even get started on how he feels about Whitney. 

Judy and her husband John live in Rochester, NY these days.  Erica, Mitch, and the girls are in the DC area.  We don't see them nearly as much as I wish we did, and the time we spend together flies by like nothing at all.  I cherish those moments and hold them close to my heart.

Thanks, Judy, for including us in Charles and Sarah's beautiful day.  I am so lucky to have you--all of you--in my life.



I admit it.  Weddings make me sappy.  In the best sort of way.  They make me look at Kirk and want to marry him all over again, which is a good thing, 11 years down the line.  They remind me of the promises we made when we stood in Charles and Sarah's place, and make me happy to realize that we've done pretty well with each other.  They make me look forward to our future, and they help me celebrate our "middle."

I'm glad I married him.  I'm awfully glad he married me.  We fit, I think.  Even when one of us is literally broken, like I've been these past few months.  He's picked up what I've dropped with grace and composure and compassion, and I am so thankful for that.

Onward and upward.  May we all live happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure we are soul sisters. Send me an email at pipsersmom@gmail.com. You commented on my blog post about Asher and I sp identify with so much of what you said but would like to chat in private!!!! There is hope!

    ReplyDelete