Thursday, July 18, 2013

What I did today (7/18/2013)

So it doesn't appear that any of the things I planned to do today are going to come to fruition.  What am I doing instead?

  • I washed the back door from top to bottom after I opened it to let Will in and realized it was ridiculously filthy!
  • I vacuumed the loose paint chips (probably all lead paint) off the floor that came off while I was washing the door.  
  • Then, while the vacuum was there, I vacuumed the ceiling, which is a peeling mess and desperately needs some attention. 
  • I chose potential paint colors (pending agreement from Kirk) for the teensy hallway just inside the back door.  It's one of those spots in the house that looks terrible and would give us HUGE bang for our buck if we painted it, but we've gotten so used to it in the past ten years that we stopped seeing how awful it looked.  
  • I cleaned out the linen/vacuum closet in the dining room, removing anything that isn't either dining room or vacuum related.
  • I added more stuff to the ever-growing yard sale pile that is taking over the dining room table.  And the floor in front of the radiator.  I think we should set a yard sale date!
  • I weeded (almost) all of the non-functional raised bed in the yard.  There are three strawberry plants that came back from last year (one good sized one and two that are rather anemic, none of which will have a strawberry survive the deer), one volunteer squash plant, one tiny volunteer tomato, and something that my friend Heather says isn't a weed but I can't remember what she said it is.  My mom's boyfriend thinks we could dry it and smoke it.  I'm not certain he's wrong, but I'm certainly not the expert on the subject. 
Why didn't the original to-do list happen?  Because Will is busy playing with the kid who recently moved into the neighborhood.  Play time always always ALWAYS trumps errands in this house!

Now, we're off to the grocery store with a stop at Friendly's for some dinner first.  Why Friendly's?  1.  Coupon.  2.  Ice Cream.  3.  Air Conditioning.  4.  No need to cook or clean up.  5.  Kirk's having dinner with his boss.

Stay cool, Pony Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment